All materials except reference materials and books copyrighted within the current year that are not owned by the Ridgway Public Library may be requested through interlibrary loan.
Patrons may initiate Interlibrary Loan requests in two (2) ways:
- Request Interlibrary forms at the Circulation Desk. Return the completed forms. A staff member will locate and order your requested materials.
- Patron may locate and request items through Colorado Virtual Library (CVL) directly. A CVL account must be created by Ridgway Public Library staff prior to submitting requests. After this account is created you may order your Interlibrary Loan materials directly using: SWIFT
- Login using your Ridgway Public Library card number
- Enter your last name in all CAPS
- Select Ridgway Public Library District
- You may now locate and place your request
After a loan request has been submitted to a lending institution, the patron is responsible for all loan charges, even if the patron cancels the request for the interlibrary loan or does not pick it up after notification. Interlibrary loan materials will be held for seven (7) working days after the patron has been notified that the material has arrived. On the eighth (8th) day the material will be returned to the lending institution.
Overdue fines for Interlibrary Loan materials are $1.00 per day per item. No Grace period.