– Netbook Computers may be borrowed from and returned to the Chickasaw Regional (Public) Library System’s (CRLS) Ardmore Headquarters by cardholders in good standing (i.e., no fines outstanding), who are 18 years or older and who have had a library card for more than two months.
– A valid CRLS library card and a valid photo ID must also be presented to circulation staff at time of checkout. The address on the library card must match the address on the photo ID card.
– THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THESE CRITERIA.
Conditions of check-out
– Netbooks are checked out on a first-come, first-served basis.
– Netbooks are available for a three (3) day check-out period with no renewals. If the library is closed the closed day(s) will not count in the calculations. Do not return a Netbook anytime the Library is closed.
– Only one user per household may check out a Netbook at a time.
– Netbooks are provided with a carrying case and power source. No other accessories, supplies or software are provided.
– Users wishing to save files they have created must save them to a personal USB drive or personal internet account before returning the equipment. All borrower created files saved on the Netbook will be wiped clean upon the Netbook’s return.
– CRLS is not responsible for damage to any removable drive, or for the loss or corruption of data that may occur due to malfunctioning hardware or software, or due to network failures or interruptions.
– Borrowers must sign the Netbook Checkout Agreement before being issued a Netbook.
Overdue, Lost and Damaged Items
– Overdue fines are $10.00 per day.
– Borrower will be called when a Netbook is 24 hours late. If the borrower fails to return the Netbook within 48 hours, the Netbook will be considered missing, and the police will be contacted.
– Borrower will be turned over to the collection agency when a Netbook is 72 hours/three days overdue.
– Borrower is financially responsible for all costs associated with damage, loss and/or theft of the Netbook up to $500 for the cost of repair or replacement. (State law makes theft or destruction of Library materials a crime: 21 O.S. § 1739.)
– Borrower assumes responsibility for condition of the Netbook computer following an inspection with a CRLS staff member and upon signing the “Checkout Agreement.”
Return of Netbooks
– Netbooks MUST be returned to CRLS’ Ardmore Headquarters Library.
– Borrowers must return the Netbook to a Circulation/IT staff member. A NETBOOK SHOULD NEVER BE PUT IN THE BOOK DROP BOX OR LEFT UNATTENDED AT THE CIRCULATION COUNTER.
– Allow at least five minutes for the return process – a staff member will verify that all parts are present and the Netbook is in basic working order.
– This is a trial and the funds for the Netbooks came from a granting agency to which the Library must report. Upon check-in the borrower must fill out a brief evaluation form about their experience.
I agree to abide by this policy in borrowing a Netbook Computer from the Chickasaw Regional (Public) Library System.