- Services & Policies
Who is Eligible for a Library Card?
- Anyone, at least 5 years of age, who resides, owns property, attends school, or works in Duplin County is eligible for a free library card.
- For a child under the age of 16 to receive a card, a parent must have a valid library card and take responsibility for the child's library account.
- Persons residing in contiguous counties (Onslow, Lenoir, Wayne, Sampson, & Pender) may also have membership privileges at the library.
What do I need to get a library card?
- A valid ID that includes photo, name & birthdate (For those 16 years or older)
- If ID does not include current address, proof of address is required.
- Proof of address may be a bill, check stub, rental contract, or recent piece of mail.
The first library card is free of charge and can be used at any of our 6 locations. A replacement card is $1.00.