Learn nine skills in one evening--all for free!
Prepare to be wowed as local residents share their know-how. There will be 9 demo stations set up all around the library. If you arrive at 5:30, you'll have time to enjoy all nine of them. (This is a continuation of the educational “How-To Tuesdays” series that we launched last month.)
As you enter the library, a volunteer will present you with a “passport” that lists every station. Visit the stations in any order, look-listen-learn, and a presenter will stamp your passport. Deliver your completed passport to the front desk, and it will be entered into a drawing for prizes!
• How to Fly a Drone—Rene Holmberg
• How to Attract Birds—Diane Porter, Birdwatching.com
• How to Make a Rope—Leon Connelly, Maasdam Barns
• How to Do Basic Woodcarving—John Schirmer Woodcuts
• How to Make Artisanal Bread—Eric Rusch, Breadtopia
• How to Square Dance—Fairfield Square Dance, Inc.
• How to Make Your Garage Multipurpose—Susan Shafer
• How to Fix a Flat Bicycle Tire—Mark Smith, AJ’s Bicycle Shop
• How to Find Your Next Great Read—Fairfield Public Library
How-To events can open your eyes to a new world of interests. Here's a chance to soak up the library's D.I.Y. resources, and learn something new!
This event is free, and no registration is required.
Contact: Front Desk Staff 641-472-6551 ext. 2