Interlibrary Loan: Requests for borrowing library books and other materials from libraries located in North Carolina and the southeastern region of the United States. Books and materials may be requested from libraries outside the Nantahala Regional Library System if not available within the region.
Long distance telephone lines are used by the computers to request needed items. Five Library locations are chosen to fill each request. If the first library listed cannot send the item, the request automatically goes to the second library, and then if the request still has not been filled, it will be sent to the other chosen locations consecutively until each of the five has been polled. Each library is given four days to respond to the request. It is possible for the request to take 20 days to poll all five libraries before reporting back to the library patron who requested the item.
A fee of $3.00 for each item is required before it can be requested. This fee will be refunded to you, if we cannot get the requested item.
In order to keep costs under control, patrons are only allowed to request 3 ILL’s at a time with the responsibility of ONE renewal per item. To keep our borrowing privileges, the item must be returned on time.
If requesting our library system to borrow items for you, please sign the following agreement:
• I agree to pay $3.00 for each item before it can be requested. I understand that this fee will be refunded to me, if the Library cannot get the requested item(s).
• I agree to be responsible for the item(s) and pay for lost or damaged item(s).
• I agree not to loan the item(s) to other people.
• I agree to return the item(s) on the date due to the library where I requested it (them), or pay $1.00 per day, per item, for each date overdue.
• I agree to pay any fees charged for photo copies.
Printed Name:_______________________________________ Card #:______________________
Title:___________________________________ Vol. Date,_______________________________