About Us - Library Cards
  • Each patron must complete a membership application form for a patron library card in person. The first library card issued is free to persons residing, working, attending school, or owning property in Walker or Winston Counties. Replacement cards require a fee of $5.00.
  • Patrons over the age of 15 must show a photo ID with their current mailing address. Acceptable forms of ID include driver's license or non-driver ID, U.S. passport, goverment ID, military ID, and U.S. Permanent Resident Card. If the mailing address is not up-to-date, the following can be shown along with the ID: recent utility bill with patron's current name and street address, self addressed envelope with current mailing address, check book with imprinted checks, voter registration card with street address, property deed, rent receipt with patron's name and address, business license, and current military personnel or military dependent identification card.
  • Realizing that support for the public libraries of the Carl Elliott Regional Library System is derived from the taxpayers residing within the counties, an annual fee of $20.00 will be charged to out-of-county patrons who wish to obtain a library membership unless documentation is shown verifying the person either works in Walker or Winston County, is a student enrolled in school, or has a current property tax receipt from Walker or Winston County.
  • Children's cards are issued to patrons aged 5 - 15. The parent/legal guardian must accompany the child, sign the child's application card and possess a valid library card with the Carl Elliott Regional Library System.
  • Only patrons presenting a card issued by a library within the Carl Elliott Regional Library System may borrow materials. Cards must be presented at the time of checkout. Patron cards may be used at any public library within the Carl Elliott Regional Library System. Cards are set to expire yearly. They may be renewed at any library in the system.
  • Limiting the number of materials to be borrowed (due to limited supply of materials, habitual overdues, etc.) will be at the discretion of the Librarian.