Friends of the Library
As a non-profit, 501(c)(3), volunteer organization, the Friends of the Natchitoches Parish Library (FONPL) encourages public interest and support of theLibrary. Funds raised by the FONPL are used to meet library needs not met through the traditional Natchitoches Parish Library budget. Funding support includes but is not limited to the purchase of special equipment and sponsorship of special thematic library programs. Adopted May, 12 2004
- President: Tony Smith
- Vice President: Ann Manger
- Secretary: Alice Bryant
- Treasurer: Dudley Pitt
About the FONPL
The Friends of the Natchitoches Parish Library (FONPL) is a group of individuals and businesses who are interested in having a strong library system in Natchitoches Parish. The Friends are an interesting and diverse group of people. You will find stimulating conversation and common interests. You will enjoy getting to know this exceptional circle and making new friends. After joining the Friends of the Natchitoches Parish Library, there are many opportunities for you to get involved with the organization’s efforts to support the Library. Some of the activities and fundraisers that the FONPL host include:
- Annual "Books for Bucks" Book Sale,
- Monthly Meetings,
- Lecture series for adults,
- Support of Library programming,
- Volunteer opportunities.
The Friends are always open to new ideas on ways to raise funds for the Natchitoches Parish Library. Maybe your idea will be the next big fundraising opportunity for the FONPL.
Annual Membership Dues:
- Individual: $25.00
- Couples: $45.00
- Student: $5.00
FONPL Membership Application
Members of the Friends have the opportunity to:
- participate in the annual Books for Bucks Book Sale and future fundraisers,
- assume a leadership role as an officer,
- contribute to the library's programming efforts,
- enjoy Natchitoches Parish Library activities, i.e. lecture series and book reviews,
- know that you have made a difference in the lives of Natchitoches Parish residents!
Regular meetings of the FONPL are held on the second Thursday of each month at 5:00 p.m. in the Meeting Room of the Main Branch in Natchitoches. No meetings are held in the months of June, July, August, and December.