Limited exam proctoring services for written and online examinations is provided free of charge by the library. This service is based on the availability of personnel, facilities, and technology and must not compromise other library services. The library reserves the right to refuse to proctor exams in instances where it interferes with library operations or in cases where they are deemed unreasonable or burdensome to administer. Proctors are able to enforce time limits for exams, but are unable to monitor students one-on-one continuously during an exam. Students requesting proctor services must present a valid picture identification card (student I.D. or official government issued I.D.). Students who do not show up for a scheduled examination on more than one occasion will not have further tests proctored at the library.
Please contact the Branch Manager at either location to set up exam proctoring.
Main Branch, (318) 357-3280
Northeast Branch, (318) 476-3280
The library provides a self-service photocopier and scanner for patrons to use. There is no charge for scan-to-email services.
- Black & White - 15 cents (8 1/2x11 and 8 1/2x14 paper)
- Black & White - 30 cents (11x17 paper)
- Color - 50 cents (8 1/2x11 and 8 1/2x14 paper)
- Color - 75 cents (11x17 paper)
Library staff will fax materials or receive faxes for patrons at a cost of $1.00 per page (excluding the cover sheet).
- Main Branch Fax: (318) 357-7073
- Northeast Branch Fax: (318) 476-3284
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services are available at both library locations. This service allows patrons to borrow books, audio and video recordings, and/or receive photocopies of documents or articles that are owned by other libraries within the state of Louisiana, or even outside of the state. Fees may apply.
Print from anywhere. Pick up at the library.
With the library's MobilePrint Service, powered by PRINTERON, patrons are able to use their personal computers or mobile devices to send print jobs to the library's printers from any location. Simply submit print jobs online, using your email address, then come to the main library in Natchitoches to release and pick up your documents.
Please note: remote prints may only be sent during the library's normal operating hours and must be printed within two hours of submission.
HOW TO PRINT FROM A LAPTOP OR DESKTOP
Go to PRINTER ON;
- PRINTER: Choose either BLACK AND WHITE or COLOR printer;
- USER INFO: Enter your email address;
- SELECT DOCUMENT: browse your computer to find and select the file you wish to print;
- Click on the green print icon to submit your print job;
- Once processed, you will receive a print job reference number along with a message stating, "YOUR REQUEST HAS BEEN PROCESSED."
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE PRINTERON APP TO YOUR TABLET OR SMARTPHONE
- Visit the device's app store to download and install the Printer On app;
- Once installed, click on "NO PRINTER SELECTED," to select a printer;
- From the main menu, click on SEARCH and type in "NATCHITOCHES;"
- Choose either BLACK AND WHITE or COLOR printer;
- Choose what type of document you wish to print: DOCUMENTS, PHOTOS, or WEB;
- Open the desired document;
- Click on the printer icon to preview your print;
- If desired, click on the paper and gears icon to change the number of prints, printer type, and/or paper size;
- Click the PRINT button;
- Enter your email address and click OK;
- A green check mark will appear in your NOTIFICATIONS section initially stating JOB STARTED, changing to JOB SUCCESS once the print job has been successfully submitted to your preferred location.